Musée des Beaux-Arts
Pas de résultat pour votre recherche
In February 1999, following spectacular extension works, the musée des Beaux-Arts de Nancy entered a new era … To celebrate this key moment in its history, the exhibition looks back at the great events in the life of the museum over the last 20 years and reveals the “hidden” life of an institution that seeks to pass on a common heritage and at the same time adapt to its era.
Behind the rococo gold of the facade built by Emmanuel Héré in 1755 and in line with the André brothers’ extension inaugurated in 1936, the modern wing designed by the Laurent Beaudouin agency was added to this palimpsest of a building, doubling the exhibition space and allowing for a major redeployment of the collections. The museum was about to write a new page in its history.
Following the evocation of the museum’s history since it was founded in 1793, we examine fundamental issues such as the additions to the collections, the major exhibitions of the last 20 years and, more widely, the challenges facing the museum today. The exhibition ends by lifting a veil on the activities carried out around the collections, behind the scenes at the museum. Midway through the visitor itinerary is a large communication area where visitors are invited to take part in fun activities and share their ideas about what is a museum of the future.
On this occasion, the artist Edwart Vignot joins us in the permanent collection rooms to offer the museum an unusual birthday present!
Committee: Charles Villeneuve de Janti, director of Nancy-Musées and the musée des Beaux-Arts de Nancy – organiser, Sophie Laroche, heritage curator, and Marion Pacot, conservation manager, musée des Beaux-Arts de Nancy – scientific organisers.